The Sonar team is pleased to announce the availability of the release 2.5.
It brings the following features :
- inheritance of quality profiles : share rules configuration into a
common quality profile.
- tracking of violations over time : detects new violations
- since the previous analysis
- over a predefined number of days
- since a given version
- since a given date
- changes of measures throughout time : displays measures variation on
period (identical to above)
- new Java rules :
- instruction "break" should not be used outside a switch statement
- instruction "continue" should not be used
- total class complexity should not exceed a predefined threshold
- depth of inheritance should not exceed a predefined threshold
- new database cleanup job to remove unused data
- new web service to get history of measures (time machine)
- support the annotation @SuppressWarnings in order to improve the
Many thanks to all the contributors for their feedback and their patch.